EATONSan Jose, CRI.
Eaton’s EPG LAC Latin AmericaCaribbean Division division is currently seeking a EHS Manager.
What you’ll do:
Lead Eaton Zero Incident Safety Culture and Implements Eaton’s MESH programs at Eaton CAC (CR Plant, sales employees across the region, Canovanas Plant and EESS employees) including training, executing action plans, monitoring and auditing key ESH programs. This position provides environmental, health, safety, and security leadership to the site. Individual is accountable for: directing EHS activities; establishing EHS objectives and targets; internal reporting of EHS performance; communication of Chilean national and local regulatory requirements, and; ensuring documents are available in the local languages. Position is responsible for: maintaining site ISO/OHSAS certifications; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring closure of MESH assessments and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; completion of required training for EHS personnel; managing interfaces with the public and Chile governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions; directing actions during crises; site security, creating a strong EHS zero incident safety culture that engages employees throughout the site EHS teams and processes.
• Implementation and maintain a zero Incident Safety Culture, where every plant employee feels responsible for safety in the workplace and protects their personal well-being and the well-being of their colleagues, reflects that commitment.
• Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals and activities to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
• Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
• Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
• Works to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement and ownership of the MESH elements.
• Develops behavior-based safety programs, while driving and promoting a zero incident EHS culture throughout CAC Region.
• Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
• Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
• Uses established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information including maintenance of the OSHA log.
• Develop and conduct training programs and educate key staff positions and employees on environmental and safety laws, regulations and procedures.
• Acts as site point of contact for Chile National and Local inspections pertaining to EHS, and ensures compliance with air, water, waste water and storm water permits and other Chile safety and environmental concerns.
• Assist in facilitating the development and maintenance of facility emergency response plans and ensure that all affected employees receive training as needed.
• Manages capital upgrades and projects that pertain to EHS improvements.
• Leads corrective action and incident investigation teams pertaining to EHS.
• Maintains an environment in keeping with all applicable regulations and legal requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or related bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• 5 – 7 years’ experience in safety roles a manufacturing setting.
• Comprehension of Eaton, industry, state, and country EHS requirements.
• Strong team-building skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Adept at utilization of company-wide system for reporting EHS data and information
• Ability to demonstrate managerial courage (e.g., managing varied interests representing potential conflicts)
• Ability to lead and support cross-functional EHS teams
• 5+ years of experience with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
• Four (4) year degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent.
• Advanced degree (master’s level or beyond highly recommended).
• Professional certification (recommended) (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or country equivalent where available).
• Proficiency in local languages.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills in English-Spanish (bilingual) required
• Action Oriented; Dealing with Ambiguity; Command Skills; Conflict Management; Timely Decision Making; Directing Others; Functional/Technical Skills; Managing and Measuring Work; Motivating Others; Priority Setting; Process Management; Drive for Results; Managing Vision and Purpose.
• Strong knowledge of requires a working knowledge of ESH corporate, division and plant policies and procedures
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for job applicants and employees. Our recruitment processes use balanced selection criteria and avoid unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of their age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, race or racial origin, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected or required by law.