Johnson & JohnsonMéxico, D. F.
We are searching the best talent for Legal Director to be in Mexico City, Mexico.
The Legal Director be in charge of all legal matters for all of Johnson & Johnson’s Innovative Medicine business in México, including all therapeutic areas, and will join the Mexican Leadership Team, as well as the LATAM Legal Organization Leadership Team. This Board Attorney will directly provide strategic and operational day-to-day legal counsel and advice in all areas of law, and across a wide range of proposed business initiatives and projects in areas such as sales and marketing, tenders, regulatory affairs, contracts, ethics and compliance, litigation, privacy, and intellectual property. The attorney will also manage a small team of lawyers and other legal professionals, as well as be responsible for their development.
In general terms, the Legal Director will be accountable for driving strategy, enhancement on risk management & legal support, collaboration, consistency and simplification across processes within the cluster, serving as the trusted legal advisor to the cluster leadership team, as well as other senior leaders and key stakeholders offering advice, analysis and drive strategic discussion, including new and/or enhanced approaches as per business strategies, activities and evolving legal risk & opportunities across the cluster.
You will be responsible for:
• Becoming an active member of the Mexican Innovative Medicine Leadership Team, advising on a broad range of corporate matters including strategic partnerships, complex commercial deals, compliance issues, intellectual property, risk assessment and external engagement activities as part of the Legal strategy.
• Preparing, reviewing and negotiating complex commercial agreements in several areas, including distribution, supply, and sales agreements.
Aligning with key stakeholders on legal priorities, training and educational needs and consistent compliance efforts.
• Supporting transformational projects, such as those impacting our Innovative Medicine distribution networks and new go-to-market models, as well as projects intended to improve the way the Legal Organization works in México and in the Latin America region more broadly, as well as acquisitions and divestitures.
• Engaging with the business and other global functions to ensure compliance by aiding in the continued development, monitoring and adjustment of appropriate compliance and disciplinary procedures and frameworks.
• Providing support in investigation processes (with other members of the Law Department and other corporation functions, including HCC and Corporate Internal Audit) on sensitive compliance issues and addressing governmental inquiries, and may be called upon to interact with enforcement authorities and outside counsel in the resolution of such matters.
• Ensuring that appropriate training is provided to local teams on key legal topics, such as essentials of contract law, competition law, sanctions and anti-boycott laws, anti-corruption laws and public procurement.
• Supporting the local HCC and Privacy organizations and other functions (i.e. Quality, Finance, Regulatory, Medical Affairs and Market Access).
• Monitoring and analyzing critical new legislation and regulations that may impact the business or its reputation in Mexico.
• Managing legal and corporate governance structures for the business in Mexico, in coordination with corporate legal, tax and finance colleagues.
• Acting as a leader and driver of the J&J Global Legal Organization strategies in Mexico.
• Working with the IP Group at Corporate to manage our IP portfolio for the Innovative Medicine Business in Mexico ensuring close connection with the business in terms of our IP Protection Framework.
• Working with other members of the Legal Organization in Mexico and across Latin America region to develop and optimize systems and processes for effective contract review, negotiation and monitoring.
• Working with other members of the Legal Organization in Mexico and across d across the Latin America region to draft contract templates and standardize department processes, procedures and guidelines.
• Helping to create a level playing field through active engagement in trade associations.
• Selecting and managing certain outside counsel and the departmental budget related to Innovation Medicines in Mexico. To the extent that complex problems or specific technical expertise is required, the Legal Director will be responsible for directing the work of outside counsel, defining project objectives, and managing projects and have complete oversight on all legal matters in the clusters.
• Managing and developing a team of lawyers and 1 paralegal.
Qualifications and requirements:
· Graduate from an accredited Law School
· License to practice law in Mexico
· Required Years of Related Experience: More than 10 years of business experience in senior positions, as well as solid managerial experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Fluency in written and spoken english.
· Broad-based commercial and corporate experience in Mexico is highly desired.
· Experience drafting, negotiating and reviewing complex agreements is highly desired.
· Ability to lead project teams across multiple business units and functions.
· Proven track record interacting with senior executives and ability to influence senior leaders, as well as other levels within an organization is required.
· Broad business experience and a proven ability to collaborate across all levels of the organization, negotiate and influence business decisions, and work towards solutions to drive compliant growth.
· Ability to advise senior leaders and key stakeholders on business initiatives or complex legal issues.
· Sound and Independent judgment.
· Aptitude for managing through ambiguity and creating solutions.
· Strong stakeholder management skills.
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
· Solution orientation and ability to take decisions with significant impact on the risk management process and business results.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, program management sills, and analytical/process skills.
· Ability to seek for innovation and bring spirit of improvement.
· Ability to make things happen through managing a broad set of Credo based values.
· Proven track record as a self-starter with ability to manage complexity.
· Strong people development skills and demonstrated experience in building high performing teams.
· Grounded in empathy and curiosity, purpose-led and human-centered leadership skills, deeply committed to understanding people´s needs and translating those insights into innovative solutions.
· Ability to thrive in an environment of collaboration not only with team members, but also with cross-functional teams to develop creative solutions.
Safe Fleet requirements:
Since this position is eligible for Company Car as working tool, it is also required:
· Valid driver’s license.
· At least 3 years of driving a car experience, preferably in highway zones (between 80 and 110 km/h) and with standard vehicles.
Latin America-Mexico-Distrito Federal-Mexico City
Janssen Cilag de Mexico SA de RL de CV (Comercializadora) (7240)